Saturday, August 10, 2013

Camping With the Lokeys

We headed a short forty-five minutes away to Transfer Park to camp with our good friends, the Lokeys.

we drove in at sunset
a very typical bennett pose, with BFF, Kai


good morning sunshine!

One of the things I love most about camping is seeing my kids play outside.  
And play and play and play.  No ipods or tv.  
Just dirt and mud puddles and sunshine.
It does my soul good.





Jen and I managed to escape for a mommy-only hike.
It was so nice to huff and puff up a big hill without a "Caannn IIII hhaavvvee a snnaacckk?"
"Are we thhhheerrreee yet?"
And just talk and laugh and breathe.
It was my favorite part of the day.



I love Transfer Park.  It's beautiful and peaceful.
It's got a good vibe.
I could have a cabin here.
Yes, Brett.  Yes, I could.








We did get rained on.
Quite a bit.
Thank goodness for the Lokey's cozy pop-up.
And for husbands that grill under awnings.



Did you know that Aug. 10th is National S'mores Day?
It's is.
We celebrated it with gusto.




Did you know that all living things love bacon?
Even butterflies.


On the way home we stopped by a very very dry lake and played.  
I think the kids liked the lake bed more than the water.



Thanks for a great trip Lokeys!

No comments:

Post a Comment