Saturday, May 18, 2013

May!

So here's the deal.  I lost my camera.  I'm sure it's around here somewhere but I have no idea where that would be at the moment.  

So I pulled some photos off of my phone because I couldn't let you loyal followers of the Ziercher Family Blog not have something amazing to see for the month of May.

Here's a hodgepodge...


Callie found my bottle of dry shampoo one day.  Apparently there's a future in Cosmotology just around the corner.

Bennett's class got to be the very first kiddos in town to christen the newly remodeled Triangle Park.  He was one happy camper!



 Bennett took Hip Hop/Break Dancing for the past three months.  This was the night of the big recital and he TORE IT UP!  For all the complaining I had to endure every.single.Tuesday. the boy really seemed to enjoy himself up on that stage under the bright lights.

B with Jordan & Edie

This is Bennett's dad.  Sneaking beer into said Hip Hop/Break Dancing recital.



 We had a lazy Saturday with NOTHING to do.  So we took buckets and shovels down to the river and spent a good thirty minutes digging.











 This was one of those nights where I was just really appreciating where we live.  It's beautiful here and our community of friends have become our family.

We are so so lucky.






My first attempt at mountain biking for the season.
There's a first ride of the season learning curve, folks.  There's a learning curve...




 My accomplishment for May was graduating from my Hakomi Therapy program.  18 months of blood, sweat and lots and lots of tears.  And it's over. 

It's sort of like child birth.  It was hard as hell and I never want to experience it again but I'm really glad I did it.

And the best part of the graduation was the absolutely amazing surprise graduation party my hubby and my beautiful friends threw for me.

Brett lured me away from the house with talk of date night.  We rounded a corner of the River Trail on our bikes to find over a dozen friends standing on a bridge with letters that spelled out "Congratulations JZ".
I was then walked down the trail a bit to the Discovery Museum to find out that BZ had rented out the place for the night.  There was food from one of my favorite restaurants in town, my favorite liquor stocked in the bar and my favorite local musician booked to sing for us.  And of course all of those amazing friends I always talk about.  They were there too.

One of the absolute best nights of my life!


our last Hakomi alter

graduation night



 I'm not sure where this little angle came from but she is a blast of sunshine.  Every.  Day.




Mr. B also had an exciting graduation.  He graduated from Kindergarten! 
He was very proud of himself. 
We are also very proud of him. 
He's almost 18 months younger than the majority of his class and he did awesome this year. 
He's reading full sentences and his math skills are almost on par with mine.

Onward to 1st Grade!






 A random day at the park and a hoola hoop.  
What more could one ask for in life?


channeling his inner beastie boy

dancing queen


May was bittersweet.  
Endings and beginnings and desperately trying to enjoy every step of the journey along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment