Happy New Year!
It's been slow around here. Please forgive the lack of posts.
Brett headed back to Missouri to spend some time with his folks this week so the kids and I are in DRO by ourselves.
And there was no school today because it was MLK Day.
And it snowed for the first time in months.
8 inches.
I don't shovel snow. That's why I got married. Because I don't shovel and because I don't like taking out the trash. But today I had to shovel. Look at my war wound!
So to make up for the shoveling part, we were lucky enough to be invited over to the Erwin's house for a playdate. The kids had a great time playing with Edie & Owen and I had a great time getting a dose of mothering sanity from Jill.
After nap time we conquered the snow.
When it snows, I'm not usually the one that helps with building snowmen. I honestly don't remember the last time I built a snowperson. So maybe that's why I forgot to give him a mouth..
| frankie, the snowman |
While I was concentrating on Frankie, Bennett decided to make his own snowman. I gave him celery for the arms, a baby carrot for the nose and two blackberries for the eyes. After leaving him alone for a bit I returned to witness this...
It looks like his little snowman is bleeding profusely...that probably shouldn't be funny, huh? But it is.
But didn't he do a great job?!
So it actually turned out to be a fun snow day.
Tomorrow's trash day. Babe, I'm ready for you to come home!



No comments:
Post a Comment