Sunday, July 8, 2012

Congrats Kyle & Katie!

BZ and I were lucky enough to get a quick little four days/three nights jaunt to sunny Mexico to help our nephew, Kyle, and his lovely bride, Katie, celebrate their wedding.


The location was just outside of Cancun at an all-inclusive resort.  BZ doesn't like all-inclusives but I love 'em!  I didn't cook a single meal for anyone for four days and I had a pina colada at my beck and call 24/7.  Yes sir, we had a good time!

the view from our hotel room

We took an "excursion" snorkeling trip with Kyle, Katie and most of the wedding party.  The fish were not as colorful as they were in Hawaii but it was still super fun to be out in the ocean, looking around at all the underwater happen'ns.
 



 The pool area where we spent quite a bit of time reading, drinking, watching the Fun Directors embarrass people, drinking, watching the Fun Directors lead a Zumba class for doughy old white women, drinking and chatting with all of the fun friends that Kyle imported.




Brett was super into beach volleyball.  I was not super into it...because I suck at it...go figure.
 

Kyle & Katie got married on the beach at the resort.  It was very beautiful but they didn't escape without a few funny situations.

The woman that married them insisted on calling Katie "Kelly" and then there were a number of above mentioned doughy old white people walking on the beach just behind Kyle and Katie while they said their vows.  Really, really?  You really need to walk slowly, gawking with your giant QT Big Gulp behind a wedding while the bride and groom are repeating their vows? 

While tacky, it provided endless opportunities to laugh hysterically.  And really, what more do you need out of life?
 
Kyle's sister, Kristin

our nephew, anthony, and kyle's sister, kourtney


katie & her dad


kyle, katie and her children: presten & layla
 It was an insanely beautiful wedding party.  



dj stretch: wick fun imported from denver

ummm, we may have been drinking...

ummm, our photographer may have been drinking...
Good good times!  Let's go back real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment